10/17/2008

Poems, and History..

I always have these nice quotes that I make in my head, for my future poems. Since I was 5 I made incredible poems. From a talking crocodile searching for its food, to me defining what "Poverty" really means. I hear stories from all over the world. And most of them relate to achieving the "American Dream". I came here Illegal. From a little poor city that even the elders cry for the future. I have always try to achieve the "American Dream", since I came here when I was 7. I remember when my mom called the "coyote", to find a pathway to achieve to the United States to see my father, which I have not seen. I have always cried myself tonight when I was small to see my father or to even know if he is still alive. When me and my mom took off to the Mexican - American border all I remember is people dying from the heat and the coldness of the plains, the condors flying over us, and the Adrenaline and the worry that my mom had in her eyes when I looked back at her when we passed the border. When I went to middle school. All I have seen is racism, hatred, bullies, and Poverty. I had no way to express myself but in words. So I tried Poetry. And it worked. I wish you guys can appreciate the poems I make and the different stories I have to share.

No comments: